Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2012

A Leafy Sanctuary

At times we become frustrated with our home. It's in excess of 150 years old & requires endless maintenance and home handy man jobs (lucky Hubby is good at that kind of stuff) sometimes we dream about running away to a low maintenance brick with 5 bedrooms and a 2nd Bathroom! But at the end of the day, this place is our home & it has a charm that I'm pretty certain you wouldn't find in bricks & mortar.. But the thing that draws me in the most is our backyard. A leafy sanctuary with tree's that stretch into the sky & gardens perfect for exploring and holding adventures in. A garden that grew up with me, that I explored as a child, that I learnt to ride my bike in & a garden that I'd love to see continue to grow with my children.

Hubby & I have been spending a lot more time in the yard the past few weeks readying it for the warmer weather, planting flowers, watering the grass & dusting off the BBQ. It's so nice to get out amongst nature and you can breathe so much easier outside.

I'm looking forward to watching the yard blossom again after the colder weather & spending much more time in this beautiful sanctuary in the city.

Enjoy your Saturday xx

No comments:

Post a Comment