Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Australia Day 2013

I'm thankful to be an Aussie & proud to say so.. I have lived here all my life & have never travelled outside my state, let alone my country. So although I don't have anything to compare it to, I couldn't imagine calling anywhere else home.

I was watching the Ellen show the other day {as you do} and she was interviewing 'Australian' actor Simon Baker Denny & he was speaking of his home in Australia amongst the fig tree's & the back deck of his home & the bird song etc & I thought to myself, he hit it on the head...His description was so PURE, he wasn't fancying it up & I believe that is what Australia is all about; it has such breathtaking beauty from something so simple.. And it's those things I love the best, the simple things such as beautiful beaches, tall tree's, stunning weather {although not so stunning here today!} the cleanliness of communities & the availability of services to its citizens.

Many a time I have chatted with a good friend in the US whose availability to health care services limited her in getting a scan with her 3rd Child. This is ludicrous to think because here in Australia they will scan every week if need be! And free too! Only 2 days ago I opened a letter from the Government stating that my two eldest were entitled to a free dental voucher up to the value of $165.00. We have so many amazing resources available to us & to be thankful for its no wonder many are envious of our beautiful country.

We had planned on heading to the beach today to celebrate Australia Day in one of our favourite locations but with the rain setting in, staying at home and a quick trip to the local shops seemed far more sensible. The kids were quite dissapointed as in previous years we have gone fishing etc. so they seem to look forward to and expect certain things to happen. But oh well, a wet Australia Day it has been, but surrounded by family it has still been a good one.

I hope you all had a wonderful Australia Day xx

No comments:

Post a Comment