Pages

Friday, May 03, 2013

Day 1: The Story of My Life

 
 
I thought I'd give the 'Blogging Every Day In May' challenge a go, I know I'm already 2 days behind, nothing unusual there, that about how far behind I am in 'Photo of the Day' too, however, here goes ;)

The first topic is; Story of My Life in 250 words or less.
Well it all started 32 years ago, I grew up in the family home with Mum, Dad & my Brother who is 3 1/2 years younger than me. I feel I had a fairly blessed childhood, we never wanted for anything and were quite spoilt, I remember lots of fun & lots of love. I spent a lot of time with my Nan who devastatingly was diagnosed with a brain tumour when I was 10 years old. I feel this was a critical turning point in my life, because a lot changed after Nan died. Nan was Mum's, Mum & Mum was just 30 when Nan died. I couldn't imagine living without my Mum at this age and Nan & Mum were like 2 peas in a pod they were that close so understandably nothing was ever 'as happy' for many years. I was a difficult tween & a terrible early teen who gave Mum & Dad lots of stress. By 16 though i had sorted myself out & Mum and I were also very close & still are till today.

I was a good student however, and loved school. I attended a Private school from years 9-12 and felt fortunate to always be surrounded by friends. After school I travelled 1 hour away from home to go to Uni, I studied to be a Primary Teacher and lived with my long-term boyfriend whom I met at school when I was 15. We played house, worked consistently in various retail roles and bought a couple of pets. Sadly both of our degrees took a back seat to our jobs & Uni lost its appeal for me when I could earn 'spending money' and go shopping instead. I was always very 'homesick' away so buying my family home from my parents in 2003 & moving back to my hometown was the next chapter in my life. I loved being a homeowner as iv always been very house-proud. We welcomed our Son in 2005 and we split in 2006. Fortunately I got to stay in the home & upset at first, I forged a new life for myself & my Son. Determined to finish my degree I re-enrolled back at Uni & enjoyed for the most part being a single parent. It was odd after 10 years to re-enter the dating world, however, I wasn't single for long, meeting my now Husband 6 months later on a dating site. Enter 'instant large family' a single Dad, also Damian with 3 kids, we blended our families together & his cohort moved into my home ~ which today is 'our home'.

We were engaged in April 2009 & married on 10th October 2009, happy to report that were still happily together still to this day & were also over the moon to have welcomed our Son, my second in 2011 which totalled 5 kidlets between us. I have since finished my degree and work as a relief teacher (although haven't been back this year) I intend on heading back into teaching next year as its a job I love and always felt destined to do. However at the moment I'm more than happy being 'Mum' and 'Wifey' ~ which really in a nutshell brings you up to the condensed story of my life..


No comments:

Post a Comment